Autumn time, red leaves fall while the weeping sky looks overall.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Maeve -- Honoring all Cycles

A much-loved circle-sister left her body three days ago. She transitioned, she passed over, she's travelled to the Summerland. None of those euphemisms are helping me right now. She is gone and I'm not to see her face, hear her sweet voice sing or feel her warm embrace again in this lifetime. On the night of her passing I lit the candles on my altar, burned herbs to aid her transition and pulled one of Doreen Virtue's goddess cards for guidance.

Maeve, who I think of as a warrior, came to me. "Honor the cycles of your body" she said. In Virtue's deck the goddess appears lithe and graceful; she is dancing. Not at all the solid Celtic protectress I've encountered before, but her message is an ancient truth -- ALL the stages of life deserve my attention. So yes, even the cycle of dying must be honored.

Samhain has been my "favorite" holy day since I began walking the goddess path. I love the rituals that focus on remembering ancestors or exercising psychic awareness. Over the years I've led and been led through many powerful Samhain rituals. I believe the veil is thin. I've experienced deep meditations and received clear messages during this time of year, but never before have I lived Samhain the way I, and all my circle sisters, must live it this year -- with the stabbing pain of fresh loss in our hearts.

Blessed Be,
T.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment