Autumn time, red leaves fall while the weeping sky looks overall.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Wolf Moon Rising

She fills again, time to howl.

I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information about when the full moon is this month. Today, tomorrow, yesterday? The good ole' Farmer's Almanac tells me the full-moon phase begins tomorrow, January 26 at 11:39 pm. That's what my lovingly handmade lunar calender says too (thank you Epona).

Doesn't seem like it should be that confusing -- go outside at night; look up. But if you want to know the precise astronomical moment of fullness then you need a little scientific back up. Or perhaps a strong connection to the lunar energy. I bet there are some people in the world who can sit outside under Luna's numinous glow and feel the exact moment our Moon fills pregnant with light.

I'm meditating on the energy of a Full Moon in Leo coming right before Imbolc. Among other things the sign on Leo is about self-expression and heart-centered love. Authentic love is how I interpret it. And of course Imbolc is one of the four cross-quarter holy days when many Pagan folks reconsider their spiritual and/or life path and rededicate themselves to their chosen way.

So, peak lunar energy+authentic love+self-dedication = ?

This Full Moon I'll be sending out, hopefully, the last of my deep grief for my sister Raven. The tears over her loss still come quickly, but I'm feeling more at peace with her transition and more that she is at peace which is really what's most important.

There's a certain guilt attached to moving on after a loved one passes over. But this powerful Full Moon beckons me to fill my heart with love and take solace from the teachings of my way. We all come from the Goddess, and to Her we shall return.

What are your hopes and dreams for this Full Moon?  I pray you are filled with love and express it with complete authenticity.

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment